Table 3 (above) summarizes the key findings to date of the safety and efficacy of the Rituxilup regimen in the treatment of lupus nephritis.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueFebruary 2015
Also By This Author
Based on these good results, Dr. Lightstone and her colleagues are initiating an investigator-led open-label, multicenter, international, randomized controlled trial evaluating the noninferiority of the Rituxilup regimen (MP + MMF + rituximab) to the combination regimen (MP + MMF + steroids) in inducing renal remission in patients with lupus nephritis.
Mary Beth Nierengarten is a freelance medical journalist based in St. Paul, Minn.
If you missed this session, Forefronts in Lupus Nephritis, it’s not too late. Catch it on SessionSelect: http://acr.peachnewmedia.com/store/provider/provider09.php.
- Dooley MA, Jayne D, Ginzler EM, et al. Mycophenolate versus azathioprine as maintenance therapy for lupus nephritis. N Engl J Med. 2011;365(20):1886–1895.
- Fischer-Betz R, Chehab G, Sander O, et al. Renal outcome in patients with lupus nephritis using a steroid-free regimen of monthly intravenous cyclophosphamide: A prospective observational study. J Rheumatol. 2012;39(11):2111–2117.
- Zeher M, Doria A, Lan J, et al. Efficacy and safety of enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium in combination with two glucocorticoid regimens for the treatment of active lupus nephritis. Lupus. 2011;20(14):1484–1493.
- Ruiz-Irastorza G, Danza A, Perales I, et al. Prednisone in lupus nephritis: How much is enough? Autoimmunity Reviews. 2014;13:206–214.
- Condon MB, Ashby D, Pepper RJ, et al. Prospective observational single-centre cohort study to evaluate the effectiveness of treating lupus nephritis with rituximab and mycophenolate mofetil but no oral steroids. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72:1280–1286.