Michele B. Kaufman, PharmD, BCGP, is a freelance medical writer based in New York City and a pharmacist at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital.
- News release: Xeljanz (tofacitinib citrate) receives marketing authorization in the European Union for the treatment of active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis and juvenile psoriatic arthritis. Pfizer Inc. 2021 Aug 20.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Mayo Clinic. 2021.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation. 2021.
- Efficacy study of tofacitinib in pediatric JIA population (NCT02592434). ClinicalTrials.gov. 2020 Apr 13.
- Brunner H, Synoverska O, Ting T, et al. Tofacitinib for the treatment of polyarticular course juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Results of a phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled withdrawal study [abstract: L22]. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019 Oct; 71(suppl 10).