The following websites offer an abundance of options to help your patients understand their disease and learn to live with it. Several sites offer information in various languages, and for your patients who prefer audio-visual to print, one site has several educational videos.
You Might Also Like
Also By This Author
- The ACR—Diseases and Conditions: Gout (Web page or PDF available in English and Spanish.)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—Gout (Offers information on signs, symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment and living with gout. Web page available in English and Spanish.)
- Johns Hopkins—RheumTV (A series of six videos on gout, addressing gout basics, its long-term impact, lifestyle recommendations, treatment, diet, gouty arthritis and pain relief.)
- Mayo Clinic—Gout (Offers information on symptoms and causes, diagnosis and treatment. Web page also available in Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic.)
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: Gout (Offers information on who’s at risk, symptoms, causes, treatment and more. Web page or PDF available in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese.)