Philip Seo, MD, MHS, is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore. He is director of both the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center and the Johns Hopkins Rheumatology Fellowship Program.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueApril 2019
Also By This Author
- Feeley J, Palmeri C. Fortnite Addiction is forcing kids into video-game rehab. Bloomberg. 2018 Nov 27.
- ‘Ninja,’ the Fortnite streamer who’s one of video gaming’s biggest stars. CNN Wire. 2019 Jan 1.
- Chalk A. Fortnite streamer Ninja makes $500,000 per month. PC Gamer. March 2018 Mar 19.
- Fingas J. ‘Fortnite’ now has over 200 million players. Engadget. 2018 Nov 27.
- Friedman J. 10 things to know about MOOCs in online education. U.S. News & World Report. 2016 Dec 20.
- Thayer WS. ‘Osler the teacher’ in Osler and Other Papers. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press/ London: Humphry Milford, Oxford University Press, 1931.
- Gawande A. The learning curve. The New Yorker. 2002 Jan 28.
- Simon HA, Chase WG. Skill in chess: Experiments with chess-playing tasks and computer simulation of skilled performance throw light on some human perceptual and memory processes. Am Sci. 1973 Jul–Aug;61(4):394–403.
- Burke LG, Frakt AB, Khullar D, et al. Association between teaching status and mortality in US hospitals. JAMA. 2017;317(20):2105–2113.
- Scales D. Opinion: In simulation era, your doc’s first try at a procedure should not be on you. WBUR. 2016 May 6.
- Sisson P. In Walmart’s virtual reality simulation, Black Friday never ends. Vox. 2018 Nov 15.
- Burge K. Virtual reality helps hospice workers see life and death through a patient’s eyes. NPR. 2018 Dec 27.