Philip Seo, MD, MHS, is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore. He is director of both the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center and the Johns Hopkins Rheumatology Fellowship Program.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueAugust 2019
Also By This Author
- Rawson NSB, Binder L. Importation of drugs into the United States from Canada. CMAJ. 2017 Jun 10;189(24):E817–E818.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Is it legal for me to personally import drugs? As of 2018 Mar 28.
- Sexton C. Canadian drug imports could get go-ahead in Florida Senate. Orlando Sentinel. 2019 Apr 26.
- Eason B. Colorado wants to import prescription drugs from Canada. How it could work, and why it may not. The Colorado Sun. 2019 Mar 19.
- The New York Times Editorial Board. Use Medicare’s muscle to lower drug prices, opinion. The New York Times. 2015 Sep 21.
- Leonard K. Alex Azar fires back at critics of drug pricing plan: ‘The president is doing exactly what he said.’ Washington Examiner. 2018 May 14.
- Galewitz P. Importing prescription drugs has Trump’s endorsement: Will more states follow? USA Today. 2019 Jun 24.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. National Institutes of Health. U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR). HTA 101: Introduction to health technology assessment.
- Challenge of non-interference. The National Law Review. 2016 Jan 29.
- Hall CT. Kaiser won’t cover cost of Viagra/It cites huge price tag—over $100 million a year. SF Gate. 1998 Jun 19.
- Maniace L. How do I know if an online pharmacy is legitimate? Consumer Reports. 2011 Oct 27.
- FDA operations reveal many drugs promoted as ‘Canadian’ products really originate from other countries. FDA. 2005 Dec 16.