You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueJune 2011
Also By This Author
- b. Every January, both the CPT and HCPCS manuals will have coding updates and information about codes that are new, revised, or deleted. Is important to always have a current CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9 manual every year.
- a. The tabular section is in Volume I, but it comes after Volume II, the alphabetical section, of the ICD-9 manual.
- c. The acronym stands for Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System. This manual is for durable medical equipment, drugs, ambulance services, and prosthetics.
- d. 10021–69990. Many of the surgery procedures that rheumatologist perform are in the 20000 range of codes (i.e., 20552–trigger-point injection, one or two muscles).
- d. Although the other options can also be found in a patient’s medical records, there must be supporting documentation for medical necessity of the service performed for each visits.