Will You Do Your Part?
You can do your part to advocate for the repeal and replacement of the SGR in as few as five minutes:
- Visit www.rheumatology.org/advocacy for information on all of the important issues facing rheumatology, and easy ways to get in touch with your lawmakers.
- While at www.rheumatology.org/Advocacy, click on the Legislative Action Center, choose a message to send to your lawmakers in Congress, modify the language to make it personal, and click Send.
- Call your lawmakers using the grassroots advocacy hotline, (800) 833-6354.
- Visit your lawmakers at home or in Washington, D.C. Tell your representative and senators how SGR cuts would affect you and your patients. The ACR’s government affairs department can help you coordinate and prepare for meetings.
- Encourage your patients to get involved. Ask them to write and call their members of Congress. They need you, and they are an effective voice on issues affecting their care.
In five minutes, you can make a world of difference. Why not do it now?
This is a time of great opportunity. But all of the efforts of rheumatology professionals over the years could go to waste if Congress does not work together to find a tenable way to pay for SGR reform and pass a bill before January 1, 2014.