Dr. Jain is assistant professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation and orthopedics at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueFebruary 2013
- Rekola KE, Keinanen-Kiukaanniemi S, Takala J. Use of primary health services in sparsely populated country districts by patients with musculoskeletal symptoms: Consultations with a physician. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1993;47:153-157.
- Meislin RJ, Sperling JW, Stitik TP. Persistent shoulder pain: Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. Am J Orthop. 2005;34:5-9.
- Pedowitz RA, Yamaguchi K, Ahmad CS, et al. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Clinical Practice Guideline on: Optimizing the management of rotator cuff problems. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012;94:163-167.
- Hayes K, Walton JR, Szomor ZR, Murrell GA. Reliability of five methods for assessing shoulder range of motion. Aust J Physiother. 2001;47:289-294.
- Reinold MM, Wilk KE, Macrina LC, et al. Changes in shoulder and elbow passive range of motion after pitching in professional baseball players. Am J Sports Med. 2008;36:523-527.
- Jain NB, Wilcox R, Katz JN, Higgins LD. Clinical examination of the rotator cuff. PM&R. 2013;(In Press).
- Tennent TD, Beach WR, Meyers JF. A review of the special tests associated with shoulder examination. Part I: The rotator cuff tests. Am J Sports Med. 2003;31:154-160.
- Tennent TD, Beach WR, Meyers JF. A review of the special tests associated with shoulder examination. Part II: Laxity, instability, and superior labral anterior and posterior (SLAP) lesions. Am J Sports Med. 2003;31:301-307.
- Hamada K, Fukuda H, Mikasa M, Kobayashi Y. Roentgenographic findings in massive rotator cuff tears. A long-term observation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1990:92-96.
- Teefey SA, Rubin DA, Middleton WD, Hildebolt CF, Leibold RA, Yamaguchi K. Detection and quantification of rotator cuff tears. Comparison of ultrasonographic, magnetic resonance imaging, and arthroscopic findings in seventy-one consecutive cases. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004;86-A:708-716.
- Dinnes J, Loveman E, McIntyre L, Waugh N. The effectiveness of diagnostic tests for the assessment of shoulder pain due to soft tissue disorders: A systematic review. Health Technol Assess. 2003;7:iii, 1-166.