Beginning January 1, 2012, all providers who use electronic transactions on a daily basis for claims, eligibility determinations, remittances, or referral authorizations will have to be compliant with the new version to receive payments or communication for patient claims.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2011
Also By This Author
In preparation, practices should verify that systems are ready, and have the following resources in place:
- A list of payers, including a contact person and phone number/e-mail address for each;
- A list of your clearinghouse(s), including a contact person and phone number/e-mail address for each, if applicable;
- The system vendor contact person and his or her phone number/e-mail address;
- Assigned staff to monitor the exchange of the 5010 transactions; and
- A process to report any issues identified with the transactions to the appropriate vendor or payer.
Contact ACR staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance with implementation.
UPCOMING HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT DATES
- • January 1, 2012—Version 5010 transactions compliance
- • October 1, 2013—ICD-10 code sets implementation