RheumPAC will once again conduct a matching campaign in November, coinciding with ACR Convergence 2020. During this time, all donations to RheumPAC will be amplified by leaders from the College, who will match various dollar amounts for each contribution. Additionally, many will donate a larger amount for first-time investors.
You Might Also Like
Also By This Author
Last year, matching funds contributed $91 for each donation by a returning donor and $152 for each first-time donor. The November matching campaign is the best time to begin investing or to make your yearly contribution to RheumPAC.
RheumPAC is an integral part of the ACR’s advocacy mission as the only political action committee solely dedicated to the rheumatology profession. Funds raised by RheumPAC are disbursed to carefully chosen congressional campaigns to educate, support and thank our key partners in Congress who work toward advancing our priorities on Capitol Hill.
This past year has been like no other in Washington, D.C., but that hasn’t stopped Congress from discussing many of the key issues central to rheumatology patients and providers. Policy debates during the pandemic have been a case study in the importance of gaining a seat at the (now virtual) table through RheumPAC funds. By being able to attend these events, the ACR can not only help educate lawmakers about legislative solutions to outstanding problems, but also protect provisions already in place against competing voices that may try to take away recent advocacy “wins.”
The ACR’s work with lawmakers during the 116th Congress has helped:
- Provide direct financial support through grant and loan programs to preserve vulnerable specialty practices during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Preserve and expand rules surrounding telehealth that were implemented during the public health emergency to preserve patient access to care;
- Support policies that address the medical workforce shortages facing rheumatology;
- Increase reimbursements through the Physician Fee Schedule;
- Codify exceptions to step therapy and streamline prior authorization processes;
- Increase funding for biomedical research on rheumatic diseases; and
- Restore adequate reimbursement to private practices for Medicare-required dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry scans.
The prospect of a new power dynamic in the next Congress and/or a new administration brings about the possibility of sweeping legislative changes beginning in 2021. The ACR must stay connected with our existing allies in Congress while educating new offices to achieve our goals. Your support at such a critical juncture helps provide the necessary resources for this essential work.
With your donation being magnified by those already heavily invested in RheumPAC, we hope that you step up to the plate and join us in the November campaign. Visit www.rheumpac.org or stop by the RheumPAC & Advocacy Hub in the Exhibits & Sponsors area during ACR Convergence 2020 to make a donation.