Dr. Schafer is a patient with Sjögren’s and an advocate for the Sjögren’s Syndrome Foundation. Previously, she was a public health physician focused on child health, family planning, and STD for the city of San Francisco and Contra Costa County.
You Might Also Like
Also By This Author
- Helmick CG, Felson DT, Lawrence RC, et al. National Arthritis Data Workgroup. Estimates of prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United States, Part I. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:15-25.
- Seror, R, Ravaud P, Bowman S, et al. EULAR Sjögren’s Syndrome disease activity index: Development of a consensus systemic disease activity index for primary Sjögren’s syndrome. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:1103-1109.
- Ng, Wan-Fai. Primary Sjögren’s syndrome: Too dry and too tired. Rheumatology. 2010;49:844-853.
- Shiboski SC, Shiboski CS, Criswell A, et al. American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for Sjögren’s syndrome: A data-driven, expert consensus approach in the Sjögren’s International Collaborative Clinical Alliance Cohort. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012;64:475-487.
- Ramos-Casals M, Brito-Zeron, P, Siso-Almirall A, Bosch X, Tzioufas AG. Topical and systemic medications for the treatment of primary Sjögren’s syndrome. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2012;8:399-411.