Ruth Jessen Hickman, MD, is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine. She is a freelance medical and science writer living in Bloomington, Ind.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueOctober 2019
Also By This Author
- Eudy AM, Siega-Riz AM, Engel SM, et al. Preconceptional cardiovascular health and pregnancy outcomes in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2019 Jan;46(1):70–77.
- Bundhun PK, Soogund MZ, Huang F. Impact of systemic lupus erythematosus on maternal and fetal outcomes following pregnancy: A meta-analysis of studies published between years 2001–2016. J Autoimmun. 2017 May;79:17–27.
- Soh MC, Nelson-Piercy C, Westgren M, et al. Do adverse pregnancy outcomes contribute to accelerated cardiovascular events seen in young women with systemic lupus erythematosus? Lupus. 2017 Nov;26(13):1351–1367.
- Soh MC, Nelson-Piercy C, Dib F, et al. Brief report: Association between pregnancy outcomes and death from cardiovascular causes in parous women with systemic lupus erythematosus: a study using Swedish population registries. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Sep;67(9):2376–2382.
- Lloyd-Jones DM, Hong Y, Labarthe D, et al. Defining and setting national goals for cardiovascular health promotion and disease reduction: The American Heart Association’s strategic impact goal through 2020 and beyond. Circulation. 2010;121(4):586–613.