Researchers found an increased frequency of pro-inflammatory TH17 phenotype in scleroderma subjects compared with healthy controls.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueMarch 2016
Also By This Author
They also showed, for the first time, that skin-derived IL-11 cytokine appears to be a requirement for the generation of the TH17 T cell response.
“There is a functional interplay,” Mr. Ong said, “between the microenvironment and the periphery in generating a pro-inflammatory TH17 response in scleroderma.”
Thomas R. Collins is a medical writer based in Florida.
If you missed this session, it’s not too late. Catch it on SessionSelect.
- Miller PD, Pannacciulli N, Brown JP, et al. A randomized double-blind study of denosumab compared with zoledronic acid in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis previously treated with oral bisphosphonate. Presented at the 2015 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. Nov. 7–11, 2015. Abstract 898.
- Roux, C, Hofbauer, LC, Ho PR, et al. Denosumab compared with risedronate in postmenopausal women suboptimally adherent to alendronate therapy: Efficacy and safety results from a randomized open-label study. Bone. 2014 Jan;58:48–54.
- Recknor C, Czerwinski E, Bone HG, et al. Denosumab compared with ibandronate in postmenopausal women previously treated with bisphosphonate therapy: A randomized open-label trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Jun;121(6):1291–1299.
- Kendler DL, Roux C, Benhamou CL, et al. Effects of denosumab on bone mineral density and bone turnover in postmenopausal women transitioning from alendronate therapy. J Bone Miner Res. 2010 Jan;25(1):72–81.
- Zhou Q, Wang H, Schwartz D, et al. HA20: A novel autoinflammatory disease caused by haploinsufficiency of A20, encoded by TNFAIP3. Presented at the 2015 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. Nov. 7–11, 2015. Abstract 899.
- Vande Walle L, Van Opdenbosch N, Jacques P, et al. Negative regulation of the NLRP3 inflammasome by A20 protects against arthritis. Nature. 2014 Aug 7;512(7512):69–73.