Vikram Deshpande, MD, is a pathologist at Massachusetts General Hospital and associate professor at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueFebruary 2017
John H. Stone, MD, is the chief of Rheumatology at Massachusetts General Hospital and professor at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Mollie N. Carruthers, MD, completed her rheumatology training at Massachusetts General Hospital and is now a clinical associate professor at the University of British Columbia.
- Mazor RD, Manevich-Mazor M, Shoenfeld Y. Erdheim-Chester disease: A comprehensive review of the literature. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2013 Sep 8;8:137.
- Diamone EL, Dagna L, Hyman DM, et al. Consensus guidelines for the diagnosis and clinical management of Erdheim-Chester Disease. Blood. 2014 Jul 24;124(4):483–492.
- Gianfreda D, Nicastro M, Galetti M, et al. Sirolimus plus prednisone for Erdheim-Chester disease: An open label trial. Blood. 2015 Sep 3;126(10):1163–1171.
- Cangi, MG, Biavasco R, Cavalli G, et al. BRAFV600E-mutation is invariably present and associated to oncogene-induced senescence in Erdheim-Chester disease. Ann Rheum Dis. 2015 Aug;74(8):1596–1602.
- Arnaud L, Gorochov G, Charlotte F, et al. Systemic perturbation of cytokine and chemokine networks in Erdheim-Chester disease: A single-center series of 37 patients. Blood. 2011 Mar 10;117(10):2783–2790.
- Haroche J, Arnaud L, Amoura Z. Erdheim-Chester disease. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2012 Jan;24(1):53–59.
- Arnaud L, Hervier B, Néel A, et al. CNS involvement and treatment with interferon-α are independent prognostic factors in Erdheim-Chester disease: A multicenter survival analysis of 53 patients. Blood. 2011 Mar 10;117(10):2778–2782.
- Hervier B, Arnaud L, Charlotte F, et al. Treatment of Erdheim-Chester disease with long-term high-dose interferon-α. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2012 Jun;41(6):907–913. Epub 2012 Jan 31.
- Diamond EL, Abdel-Wahab O, Pentosova E, et al. Detection of an NRAS mutation in Erdheim-Chester disease. Blood. 2013;122(6):1089–1091.
- Dagna L, Corti A, Langheim S, et al. Tumor necrosis factor α as a master regulator of inflammation in Erdheim-Chester disease: Rationale for treatment with infliximab. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Oct 1;30(28):e286–e290.
- Ferrero E, Belloni D, Corti A, et al. TNF-α in Erdheim-Chester disease pericardial effusion promotes endothelial leakage in vitro and is neurtralized by infliximab. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014 Jan;53(1):198–200.
- Aouba A, Georgin-Lavialle S, Pagnoux C, et al. Rationale and efficacy of interleukin-1 targeting in Erdheim-Chester disease. Blood. 2010 Nov 18;116(20):4070–4076.
- Killu AM, Liang JJ, Jaffe AS. Erdheim-Chester disease with cardiac involvement successfully treated with anakinra. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Sep 1;167(5):e115–e117.
- Darsetin F, Kirschey S, Heckl S, et al. Successful treatment of Erdheim-Chester disease with combination of interleukin-1-targeting drugs and high-dose glucocorticoids. Intern Med J. 2014 Jan;44(1):90–92.
- Tran T, Pariente D, Guitton C, et al. Treatment of Erdheim-Chester disease with canakinumab. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014 Dec;53(12):2312–2315.
- Haroche J, Cohen-Aubart F, Emile JF, et al. Reproducible and sustained efficacy of targeted therapy with vemurafenib in patients with BRAFV600-Mmutated Erdheim-Chester diseaese. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Feb 10;33(5):411–418.
- Houston BA, Miller PE, Rooper LM, et al. Clinical problem solving. From dancing to debilitated. N Engl J Med. 2016 Feb 4;374(5):470–477.
- Singh JA, Beg S, Angeles Lopez M. Tocilizumab for rheumatoid arthritis: A Cochrane systematic review. J Rheumatol. 2011 Jan;38(1);10–20.
- Berti A, Ferrarini M, Ferrero E, et al. Cardiovascular manifestations of Erdheim-Chester disease. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015 Mar–Apr;33(2 Suppl 89):S155–S163.