Bernard Hildebrand, MD, is associate professor of medicine at the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine and clinical rheumatologist at CommuniCare Health Centers in San Antonio, Texas.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueOctober 2019
- Battafarano DF, Ditmyer M, Bolster MB, et al. 2015 American College of Rheumatology Workforce Study: Supply and demand projections of adult rheumatology workforce, 2015–2030. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2018 Apr;70(4):617–626.
- Gillis JZ, Yazdany J, Trupin L, et al. Medicaid and access to care among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 May 15;57(4):601–607.
- Sulmasy LS, Bledsoe TA, ACP Ethics, Professionalism and Human Rights Committee. American College of Physicians ethics manual. Ann Intern Med. 2019 Jan 15;170(2_supplement):S1–S32.
- Code of Ethics of the American College of Rheumatology Inc. Updated 2017 Aug.
- Norris L. Medicaid coverage in your state. Healthinsurance.org. Updated 2019 May 18.
- Coffman J, Fix M. Physician participation in Medi-Cal: Is supply meeting demand? California Health Care Foundation. 2017 Jun 28.
- Feldman CH, Hicks LS, Norton TL, et al. Assessing the need for improved access to rheumatology care: A survey of Massachusetts community health center medical directors. J Clin Rheumatol. 2013 Oct;19(7):361–366.
- Haidt J. The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom. New York: Basic Books; 2006: 239.