- Rheumatoid arthritis: stable on chronic medicine
- Osteoporosis: stable on chronic medicine
- The patient will start tumor necrosis factor inhibitor. The physician held a lengthy discussion with the patient concerning risks and benefits. A skin test and chest X-ray were performed for tuberculosis screen. Labs were drawn for disease evaluation and medication monitoring. The patient is to continue all other medicines.
- Osteoporosis: A dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry scan was due and was ordered to reassess the patient’s osteoporosis. The patient is to continue Fosamax, calcium, and vitamin D.
- Labs were performed to check the toxicity level of the drugs. Complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, C-reactive protein, and a hepatitis panel were ordered, due to the disease and medicines.
What level is the medical decision making for this E/M visit? Click here for the answer