Athan N. Tiliakos, DO, is an assistant professor of medicine and the program director of the Rheumatology Fellowship Training Program at Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2018
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. ICMJE definition.
- McCoy MS, Emanuel EJ. Why there are no “potential” conflicts of interest. JAMA. 2017 May 2;317(17):1721–1722.
- Grey A, Avenell A, Dalbeth N, et al. Reporting of conflicts of interest in oral presentations at medical conferences: A delegate-based prospective observational study. BMJ Open. 2017 Sep 21;7(9):e017019.
- Thompson DF. Understanding financial conflicts of interest. New Eng J Med. 1993 Aug 19;329(8):573–576.
- McKinney RE Jr., Pierce HH. Strategies for addressing a broader definition of conflicts of interest. JAMA. 2017 May2;317(17):1727–1728.
- Dana J, Lowenstein G. A social science perspective on gifts to physicians from industry. JAMA. 2003 Jul 9;290(2):252–255.
Editor’s note: Do you have an ethical dilemma you’d like to see discussed in this forum? Contact us via email at email@example.com.