Philip Seo, MD, MHS, is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore. He is director of both the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center and the Johns Hopkins Rheumatology Fellowship Program.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueJuly 2021
Also By This Author
- Noël B, Ruf I, Panizzon RG. Cannabis arteritis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008 May;58(5 Suppl 1):S65–S679.
- Bloomfield HE, Wilt TJ. Evidence brief: Role of the annual comprehensive physical examination in the asymptomatic adult. VA Evidence Synthesis Program Evidence Briefs [internet]. 2011 Oct.
- Krogsbøll LT, Jørgensen KJ, Gøtzsche PC. General health checks for reducing illness and mortality. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019 Jan 31;1(1):CD009009.
- Rothberg MB. The $50,000 physical. JAMA. 2014;311(21):2175–2176.
- Verghese A, Charlton B, Kassirer JP, et al. Inadequacies of physical examination as a cause of medical errors and adverse events: A collection of vignettes. Am J Med. 2015 Dec;128(12):1322-4.e3.
- Totten AM, Hansen RN, Wagner J, et al. Telehealth for acute and chronic care consultations. Comparative effectiveness review no. 216. (Prepared by Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2015-00009-I.) AHRQ Publication No. 19-EHC012-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2019 Apr 24.
- Armaignac DL, Saxena A, Rubens M, et al. Impact of telemedicine on mortality, length of stay, and cost among patients in progressive care units: Experience from a large healthcare system. Crit Care Med. 2018 May;46(5):728–735.
- How to administer a virtual physical exam: As telehealth visits rise, Stanford physicians offer tips for remote physical exams.
- Lockwood MM, Wallwork RS, Kaitlin Lima K, et al. Telemedicine in adult rheumatology: In practice and in training. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2021 Feb 8.
- Bestsennyy O, Gilbert G, Harris A, Rost J. Telehealth: A quarter-trillion-dollar post-COVID-19 reality? McKinsey & Co. 2020 May 29.