Simon M. Helfgott, MD, is associate professor of medicine in the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
- Goodnough A. A Boston hospital’s dilemma: Save a garden for sick kids, or bulldoze it to serve more patients. The New York Times. 2016 Jun 20.
- Save Prouty Garden (video).
- Franklin D. Nature that nurtures. Scientific American. 2012 Mar;306:24–25.
- Ulrich RS. View through a window may influence recovery from surgery. Science. 1984 Apr 27;224(4647):420–421.
- Ulrich RS. Health benefits of gardens in hospitals. Paper for conference, Plants for People, International Exhibition Floriade 2002, The Netherlands.
- Prasad S. Typology quarterly: Hospitals. The Architectural Review. 2012 Apr 27.
- Gormley T. The history of hospitals and wards. Healthcare Design. 2010 Mar 11.
- Cook GC. Henry Currey FRIBA (1820–1900): Leading Victorian hospital architect, and early exponent of the ‘pavilion principle.’ Postgrad Med J. 2002 Jun;78(920):352–359.
- Bertrand Goldberg Archive. The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Bertrand Goldberg. Chicago architect 1913–1997.
- Morse S. Top healthcare construction projects of 2015; Building surges as demand picks up, Revista says. Healthcare Finance. 2015 Nov 9.
- Darrow B. Healthcare giant launches $1.2 billion electronic records consolidation effort. Fortune. 2015 Jun 1.