Simon M. Helfgott, MD, is associate professor of medicine in the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2016
Also By This Author
- Goodnough A. A Boston hospital’s dilemma: Save a garden for sick kids, or bulldoze it to serve more patients. The New York Times. 2016 Jun 20.
- Save Prouty Garden (video).
- Franklin D. Nature that nurtures. Scientific American. 2012 Mar;306:24–25.
- Ulrich RS. View through a window may influence recovery from surgery. Science. 1984 Apr 27;224(4647):420–421.
- Ulrich RS. Health benefits of gardens in hospitals. Paper for conference, Plants for People, International Exhibition Floriade 2002, The Netherlands.
- Prasad S. Typology quarterly: Hospitals. The Architectural Review. 2012 Apr 27.
- Gormley T. The history of hospitals and wards. Healthcare Design. 2010 Mar 11.
- Cook GC. Henry Currey FRIBA (1820–1900): Leading Victorian hospital architect, and early exponent of the ‘pavilion principle.’ Postgrad Med J. 2002 Jun;78(920):352–359.
- Bertrand Goldberg Archive. The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Bertrand Goldberg. Chicago architect 1913–1997.
- Morse S. Top healthcare construction projects of 2015; Building surges as demand picks up, Revista says. Healthcare Finance. 2015 Nov 9.
- Darrow B. Healthcare giant launches $1.2 billion electronic records consolidation effort. Fortune. 2015 Jun 1.