“However, the guidelines also acknowledge that individual dose-tapering schedules are needed and that there is no ‘one size fits all’ dose in management of this condition,” he adds.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2015
Also By This Author
Mary Beth Nierengarten is a freelance medical journalist based in St. Paul, Minn.
- Dejaco C, Singh YP, Perel P, et al. 2015 recommendations for the management of polymyalgia rheumatica. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Oct;67(10):2569–2580.
- ACR releases new publications focused on polymyalgia rheumatica and gout [news release]. Atlanta: American College of Rheumatology. 2015 Sep 10.
- Dasgupta B, Hutchings A, Matteson EL. Polymyalgia rheumatica: The mess we are now in and what we need to do about it. Arthritis Rheum. 2006 Aug 15;55(4):518–520.
- Dasgupta B, Borg FA, Hassan N, et al. BSR and BHPR guidelines for the management of giant cell arteritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010;49:1594–1597.
- Dasgupta B, Cimmino MA, Maradit-Kremers H, et al. 2012 Provisional classification criteria for polymyalgia rheumatica: A European League Against Rheumatism/American College of Rheumatology collaborative initiative. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012 Apr;71(4):484–492.
- Dasgupta B, Cimmino MA, Maradit-Kremers H, et al. 2012 provisional classification criteria for polymyalgia rheumatica: A European League Against Rheumatism/American College of Rheumatology collaborative initiative. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2012 Apr;64(4):943–954.