Mary Beth Nierengarten is a freelance medical journalist based in St. Paul, Minn.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueMay 2016
Also By This Author
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. The IHI Triple Aim Initiative.
- US Burden of Disease Collaborators. The State of US Health, 1990–2010: Burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors. JAMA. 2013 Aug 14;310(6):591–606.
- McCarthy D, Ryan J, Klein S. Models of care for high-need, high-cost patients: An evidence synthesis. The Commonwealth Fund. 2015 Oct.
- Anderson GF, Ballreich J, Bleich S, et al. Attributes common to programs that successfully treat high-need, high-cost individuals. Am J Manag Care. 2015 Nov 10;21(11):e597–e600.
- Brown RS, Peikes D, Schore J, et al. Six features of Medicare coordinated care demonstration programs that cut hospital admissions of high-risk patients. Health Affairs. 2012;31(6):1156–1166.
- Peikes D, Peterson G, Brown RS, et al. How changes in Washington University’s Medicare coordinated care demonstration pilot ultimately achieved savings. Health Affairs. 2012;31(6):1216–1226.