Ruth Jessen Hickman, MD, is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine. She is a freelance medical and science writer living in Bloomington, Ind.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueAugust 2019
Also By This Author
- Measles (Rubeola). For Health Professionals. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Immunizations, vaccines, and biologicals. New measles surveillance data for 2019. World Health Organization. 2019 Apr 15.
- Measles (Rubeola). Measles cases and outbreaks. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2019.
- Measles (Rubeola). History of measles. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- McLean HQ, Fiebelkorn AP, Temte JL, et al. Prevention of measles, rubella, congenital rubella syndrome, and mumps, 2013: Summary recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013 Jun 14;62(RR-04):1–34.
- National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. General recommendations on immunization—recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011 Jan 28;60(2):1-64.
- Singh JA, Saag KG, Bridges SL Jr., et al. 2015 American College of Rheumatology Guideline for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016 Jan;68(1):1–26.
- Rubin LG, Levin MJ, Ljungman P, et al. 2013 IDSA clinical practice guideline for vaccination of the immunocompromised host. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Feb;58(3):309–318.