The award is presented to an ARHP member with a history of advocating for arthritis at the local, regional, and national levels, and is part of the ARHP portfolio of merit awards. (See p 13 for the complete list.) To nominate someone for the Ann Kunkel Award or other ARHP Merit Awards visit www.rheumatology.org/arhp/awards.
ACR Practice Advocacy Resources
As patient record coding and insurance billing affect health professionals more and more, current information and resources are essential for successful practice management. The ACR Practice Advocacy department offers a variety of services to help rheumatology practices function more efficiently. These practice management tools—available on the ACR Web site at www.rheumatology.org/practice—include:
- Documentation and Coding: This section offers tools and references to assist with your daily practice, including coding reference guides, fee schedules, Medicare Part D information, claim processing tools, HIPAA information, forms, and templates.
- Practice Advocacy: In this area you can stay informed about current practice issues affecting rheumatologists, such as NPI information or carrier changes.
- Sample Office Forms: Here you can find a variety of sample forms available to download and print, including super bills and Health Assessment Questionnaire and Disease Activity Score forms. While not produced by the ACR, these documents have been voluntarily submitted by ACR members for you to use in your practice. If you have forms or templates that work well in your practice that you would like to share, contact Regina Adair at (404) 633-3777 ext. 817 or [email protected].
- ACR Networking List Serves: This automated e-mail forum is designed to facilitate the exchanging of ideas, knowledge, and experiences among rheumatology colleagues. There are currently ten practice advocacy list serves available.
- Coding and Practice Management Audioconference/Webcast: This educational series is a convenient way to learn about pertinent topics from experts in the field.
- State/Local Society Presentations: Coding presentations on chart auditing and documentation are available for state and local society meetings. To schedule a presentation for your society, contact Antanya Chung, director of practice management, at (404) 633-3777 ext. 818 or [email protected].
In addition, the ACR has certified professional coders on staff to assist members with rheumatology coding and practice management questions. If you have questions or need assistance with an issue, contact Melesia Tillman, CPC, CCP, at (404) 633-3777 ext. 820 or [email protected].