Philip Seo, MD, MHS, is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore. He is director of both the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center and the Johns Hopkins Rheumatology Fellowship Program.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueFebruary 2021
Also By This Author
- Reiff N. How the NBA makes money. Investopedia. 2020 Sep 18.
- Heid M. How the NBA bubble works. Popular Mechanics. 2020 Aug 25.
- Pepitone J. The ‘bubble’ saved the NBA season from Covid-19. But another crisis was waiting inside. CNN Business. 2020 Dec 9.
- Rapoport I. NFL fines Baltimore Ravens $250,000 for COVID-19 violations. NFL News. 2020 Dec 27.
- Breer A. Sources: NFL scouting combine to be drastically altered due to COVID-19. SI. 2021 Jan 15.
- Woolf SH. Unhealthy medicine all breakthrough, no follow-through. The Washington Post. 2006 Jan 8.
- Gawande A. We can solve the coronavirus-test mess now—if we want to. The New Yorker. 2020 Sep 2.
- Staff. Here’s what is going on with rapid COVID-19 testing. Healthline. 2020 Sep 25.
- Devine C. Coronavirus test used by White House has questionable accuracy. CNN. 2020 Jul 3.
- Marshall L. Frequent, rapid testing could cripple COVID-19 within weeks, study shows. Science Daily. 2020 Nov 20.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: FDA authorizes antigen test as first over-the-counter fully at-home diagnostic test for COVID-19. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. 2020 Dec 15.
- Wan W. A fast, at-home coronavirus test will be widely available to Americans this year. The Washington Post. 2021 Feb 1.
- Mahase E. COVID-19: UK regulator approves lateral flow test for home use despite accuracy concerns. BMJ. 2020 Dec 23:371:m4950.
- Harris R. Doctors encouraged by antibody treatments for COVID-19. NPR. KQED. 2021 Jan 6.
- Shalby C, Baumgaertner E, Branson-Potts H, et al. Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access. Los Angeles Times. 2020 Dec 31.
- Cutler DM, Summers LH. The COVID-19 pandemic and the $16 trillion virus. JAMA. 2020 Oct 12;324(15):1495–1496.