Thomas R. Collins is a freelance writer living in South Florida.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueJanuary 2019
Also By This Author
- Demoruelle MK, Harrall, KK, Ho L, et al. Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies are associated with neutrophil extracellular traps in the sputum in relatives of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017 Jun;69(6):1165–1175.
- Catrina AI, Deane KD, Scher JU. Gene, environment, microbiome and mucosal immune tolerance in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016 Mar;55(3):391–402.
- Mack ME, Hsia E, Aletaha D. Comparative assessment of the different American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism Remission definitions for rheumatoid arthritis for their use as clinical trial end points. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017 Mar;69(3):518–528.
- Studenic P, Smolen JS, Aletaha D. Near misses of ACR/EULAR criteria for remission: Effects of patient global assessment in Boolean and index-based definitions. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012 Oct;71(10):1702–1705.
- Kuijper TM, Lamers-Karnebeek FB, Jacobs JW, et al. Flare rate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in low disease activity or remission when tapering or stopping synthetic or biologic DMARD: A systematic review. J Rheumatol. 2015 Nov;42(11):2012–2022.
- Akdemir G, Verheul MK, Heimans L, et al. Predictive factors of radiological progression after 2 years of remission-steered treatment in early arthritis patients: A post hoc analysis of the IMPROVED study. RMD Open. 2016 Feb 15;2(1):e000172.
- Kaneko Y, Kato M, Tanaka Y, et al. Tocilizumab discontinuation after attaining remission in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who were treated with tocilizumab alone or in combination with methotrexate: Results from a prospective randomised controlled study (the second year of the SURPRISE study). Ann Rheum Dis. 2018 Sep;77(9):1268–1275.
- Brahe CH, Krabbe S, Ostergaard M, et al. Dose tapering and discontinuation of biological therapy in rheumatoid arthritis patients in routine care—2-year outcomes and predictors. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2018 Aug 28.