Dr. Helfgott is physician editor of The Rheumatologist and associate professor of medicine in the division of rheumatology, immunology, and allergy at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2013
Also By This Author
- Cole TB. The cover. JAMA. 2013;309:1562.
- Varga, J. Illness and art: The legacy of Paul Klee. Current Opin Rheumatol. 2004;16:714-717.
- Rodnan GP, Benedek TG. An historical account of the study of progressive systemic sclerosis (diffuse scleroderma). Ann Intern Med. 1962:57;307-319.
- Van den Hoogen F, Khanna D, Fransen J, et al. 2013 classification criteria for systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2013:65;2737-2747.
- Akhmetshina A, Palumbo K, Dees C, Bergmann C. Activation of canonical Wnt signalling is required for TGF-β-mediated fibrosis. Nat Commun. 2012;3:735.
- Kilbourne EM, Riagu-Perez JG, Heath CW, Zack MM. Clinical epidemiology of toxic-oil syndrome. N Engl J Med. 1983;309:1408-1414.
- Epidemiologic notes and reports eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome—New Mexico. MMWR. 1989:38; 765-767.
- Wermuth PJ, Jimenez SA. Gadolinium compounds signaling through TLR4 and TLR7 in normal human macrophages: Establishment of a proinflammatory phenotype and implications for the pathogenesis of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis. J Immunol. 2012; 189:318-327.