We strongly encourage you and your staff to do what you can to promote the 2017 Rheumatic Disease Awareness Month with these resources. Brand new this year is the Joint IQ quiz—an online contest testing one’s knowledge of rheumatic diseases. Adding to the buzz around the quiz is the chance to win a jersey signed by Mr. Bradshaw. We will be promoting the quiz online, as well as at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueSeptember 2017
Also By This Author
We Must Drive Awareness
Too many people in our communities simply do not know much about rheumatic diseases. They are unaware that rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, gout, psoriatic arthritis, Lyme disease, spondyloarthritis, myositis, vasculitis or other lesser known rheumatic diseases all have something in common and that these diseases affect many different people in all age and ethnic groups. They may not realize that rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals diagnose, treat and manage all of these diseases.
Together, let us speak with one voice and cut through the confusion. We can improve clarity and increase visibility of rheumatic diseases to drive more effective advocacy, encourage patients to seek diagnosis and treatment earlier, and foster stronger partnerships with stakeholder groups, such as patients, physicians, health advocacy organizations, government and legislators, media and professional associations.
Too many people in our communities … are unaware that rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, gout, psoriatic arthritis, Lyme disease, spondyloarthritis, myositis,vasculitis or other lesser known rheumatic diseases all have something in common & that these diseases affect many different people in all age & ethnic groups.
We Need Your Voice
We need you, your patients and your staff members to participate and actively support this campaign. So this September, download and use the resources in the online toolkit. Here are a few easy ways to help drive more awareness of rheumatic diseases in your community:
- Play Terry Bradshaw’s public service announcement in your practice’s waiting room. We will post a link to the PSA on YouTube, or you can email [email protected] for assistance.
- Promote the Joint IQ quiz to your patients and their families by sharing this information in your clinic’s waiting room.
- Print out the #RDAM handouts in the toolkit and give them to your patients and their family members.
- Download and share our suggested social media posts on your Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram or other social media platform to raise awareness online.
- Include the 2017 RDAM information in your patient newsletters. You will see a sample template in the toolkit.
- Put the Hundreds of Diseases. One Voice. website badge on your practice or institution website with a hyperlink to the campaign landing page on RDAM.
Let’s tackle rheumatic diseases together. Visit RDAM.org for more details. You will see how easy we have made it to get involved with Rheumatic Disease Awareness Month this year and have a truly positive impact on awareness in your community. Join Terry Bradshaw, your peers, patients, friends at the ACR and me in making 2017 RDAM a huge success.