Jason Liebowitz, MD, completed his fellowship in rheumatology at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, where he also earned his medical degree. He is currently in practice with Skylands Medical Group, N.J.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2020
Also By This Author
ad goes here:advert-1
SCROLL TO CONTINUE
- Fleischmann R, Mysler E, Hall S, et al. Efficacy and safety of tofacitinib monotherapy, tofacitinib with methotrexate, and adalimumab with methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (ORAL Strategy): A phase 3b/4, double-blind, head-to-head, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2017 Jul 29;390(10093):457–468.
- Taylor PC, Keystone EC, van der Heijde D, et al. Baricitinib versus placebo or adalimumab in rheumatoid arthritis. N Engl J Med. 2017 Feb 16;376(7):652–662.
- Fleischmann R, Pangan AL, Song IH, et al. Upadacitinib versus placebo or adalimumab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate: Results of a phase III, double-blind, randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019 Nov;71(11):1788–1800.
- Strand V, Kremer JM, Gruben D, et al. Tofacitinib in combination with conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: Patient-reported outcomes from a phase III randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2017;69(4):592–598.
- Strand V, Schiff M, Tundia N, et al. Effects of upadacitinib on patient-reported outcomes: results from SELECT-BEYOND, a phase 3 randomized trial in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and inadequate responses to biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Arthritis Res Ther. 2019;21(1):263. doi:10.1186/s13075-019-2059-8
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Drug safety communication: FDA approves boxed warning about increased risk of blood clots and death with higher dose of arthritis and ulcerative colitis medicine tofacitinib (Xeljanz, Xeljanz XR). 2019 Jul 26.
- Verhoef LM, van den Bemt BJ, van der Maas A, et al. Down-titration and discontinuation strategies of tumour necrosis factor-blocking agents for rheumatoid arthritis in patients with low disease activity. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019 May 24;5(5):CD010455.
- Sammaritano LR, Bermas BL, Chakravarty EE, et al. 2020 American College of Rheumatology guideline for the management of reproductive health in rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2020 Apr;72(4):529–556.
- Charles-Schoeman C, DeMasi R, Valdez H, et al. Risk factors for major adverse cardiovascular events in phase III and long-term extension studies of tofacitinib in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019 Sep;71(9):1450–1459.
- Mulcahy AW, Hlavka JP, Case SR. Biosimilar cost savings in the United States: Initial experience and future potential. Rand Health Q. 2018 Mar 30;7(4):3.