Gregory Taylor, MSW, RCSW, is a team member in the Young Adults with Rheumatic Disease Clinic for the Mary Pack Arthritis Program, Vancouver (B.C., Canada) Coastal Health. Mr. Taylor also provides social work services to an adult population on an outpatient basis.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueMay 2017
- Tucker LB, Cabral, DA. Transition of the adolescent patient with rheumatic disease: Issues to consider. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2005 Apr;52(2):641–652, viii.
- Newman BM, Newman PR. Development Through Life: A Psychosocial Approach (2012). Belmont, Calif: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- National Association of Social Workers. NASW standards for the practice of social work with adolescents. 2003.
- Ungar M. Bubble-wrapping our children: The perils of overprotective parenting. Psychotherapy Networker. 2014 Sept/Oct.
- Ronis T, Frankovich J, Yen S, et al. Pilot study of reproductive health counseling in a pediatric rheumatology clinic. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014 Apr;66(4):631–635.
- Nijhof LN, Van de Putte EM, Wulffraat NM, Nijhof SL. Prevalence of severe fatigue among adolescents with pediatric rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016 Jan;68(1):108–114.
- Strauss M. Bungee families. You can go home again. Psychotherapy Networker. 2009 Sept/Oct.
- Hart RI, McDonagh JE, Thompson B, et al. Being normal as possible: how young people ages 16–25 years evaluate the risks and benefits of treatment of inflammatory arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016 Sep;68(9):1288–1294.
- Volkow ND, Compton WM, Weiss SR. Adverse health effects of marijuana use. N Engl J Med. 2014 Aug 28;371(9):879.
- Fitzcharles MA, Clauw DJ, Ste-Marie PA, Shir Y. The dilemma of medical marijuana use by rheumatology patients. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014 Jun;66(6):797–801.
- Fitzcharles MA, Ste-Marie, PA, Hauser W, et al. Efficacy, tolerability, and safety of cannabinoid treatments in the rheumatic diseases: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016 May;68(5):681–688.
- Dosenbach NU, Nardos B, Cohen AL, et al. Prediction of individual brain maturity using fMRI. Science. 2010 Sep 10;329(5997):1358–1361.
- Asbridge M, Hayden JA, Cartwright JL. Acute cannabis consumption and motor vehicle collision risk: Systemic review of observational studies in meta-analysis. BMJ. 2012 Feb 9;344:e536.
- Ramesh D, Schlosburg JE, Wiebelhaus JM, Lichtman AH. Marijuana dependence: Not just smoke and mirrors. ILAR J. 2011;52(3):295–308.
- Callaghan RC, Allebeck P, Sidorchuk A. Marijuana use and risk of lung cancer: a 40-year cohort study. Cancer Causes Control. 2013 Oct;24(10):1811–1820.
- Collins TR. Medical marijuana’s potential benefits, risks. The Rheumatologist. 2016 Jul;10(7):44.
- Haverman L, Grootenhuis MA, Van den Berg JM, et al. Predictors of health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Results from a web-based survey. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012 May;64(5):694–703.
- Tong A, Jones J, Craig JC, Singh-Grewal D. Children’s experiences of living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: A thematic synthesis of qualitative studies. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012 Sep;64(9):1392–1404.
- Bodenheimer T, Lorig K, Holman H, Grumbach K. Patient self-management of chronic disease in primary care. JAMA. 2002 Nov 20;288(19):2469–2475.
- Barlow J, Wright C, Sheasby J, et al. Self-management approaches for people with chronic conditions: A review. Patient Educ Couns. 2002 Oct–Nov;48(2):177–187.
- Redman BK. Patient Self-Management of Chronic Diseases: The Health Care Provider’s Challenge (2004). Sudbury, Mass: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Wagner EH, Austin B, Von Korff M. Organizing care for patients with chronic illness. Milbank Q. 1996;74(4):511–544.
- Barlow JH, Turner AP, Wright CC. A randomized controlled study of the arthritis self-management programme in the UK. Health Educ Res. 2000 Dec;15(6):665–680.
- Marsh P. Task-centred work. In Turner, FJ (Ed.). The Blackwell Companion to Social Work (1997). Oxford: Blackwell Publishers; 195–201.
- Reid WJ. Task-centred social work. In Turner FJ (Ed.). Social Work Treatment: Interlocking Theoretical Approaches (4th ed; 1996). New York: The Free Press; 617–634.
- Edgette JS. Why teens hate therapy: Mistakes therapists should avoid. Psychotherapy Networker. 2012 Sept/Oct.
- Fitzcharles M, Hazel EM, Taylor G, Tucker LB. Pain management for the young adult rheumatology patient in the era of medicinal marijuana legalization. J Rheumatol. 2016 Apr;43(4):686–688.