The ARHP is committed to advancing the knowledge and skills of health professionals in the area of rheumatology in order to improve health outcomes for people with or at risk for rheumatic disease and musculoskeletal conditions. In 2005, the ARHP Executive Committee developed a three-year, long-range plan, which identified the following priorities for our organization:
- Increase the supply of highly qualified health professionals;
- Increase research capacity for inter-professional research;
- Increase research productivity of rheumatology health professionals;
- Increase volunteer leadership skills and opportunities;
- Improve communication across ARHP members and ACR staff and members;
- Maintain outstanding health professionals and inter-professional educational services; and
- Market ARHP products and services.
The past year was a very successful one for ARHP and significant progress was made toward meeting these objectives. ARHP membership reached an all-time high, surpassing 1,100; ARHP members now make up over 13% of the total ACR membership. Other significant accomplishments included the premier of the Clinical Care in the Rheumatic Diseases 3rd edition, the expansion of Arthritis Care & Research to eight issues per year, the initiation of ARHP list serves, and the development of an aggressive new marketing plan to fortify ARHP’s position as the rheumatology resource for health professionals.
ARHP will continue to build on these successes as we meet new challenges and create new opportunities for growth and success in the coming year. The following are a few of ARHP’s key goals and initiatives for 2007: