Carina Stanton is a freelance science journalist based in Denver.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueApril 2018
Also By This Author
ad goes here:advert-1
SCROLL TO CONTINUE
- Ingold J. A Colorado marijuana guide: 64 answers to commonly asked questions. The Denver Post. 2013 Dec 31.
- Johnson, K. Sales of recreational marijuana begin in Washington state. The New York Times. 2014 Jul 8.
- Hauser W, Fitzcharles MA. The perils of overestimating the efficacy of cannabis-based medicines for chronic pain management. Pain Physician. 2018 Jan;21(1):E79–E80.
- Aviram J, Samuelly-Leichtag G. In response: Aviram J et al the perils of overestimating the efficacy of cannabis-based medicines for chronic pain management. Pain Physician. 2018 Jan;21(1):E81–E83.
- Fitzcharles MA, Clauw DJ, Ste-Marie PA, et al. The dilemma of medical marijuana use by rheumatology patients. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014 Jun;66(6):797–801.
- Ste-Marie PA, Shir Y, Rampakakis E, et al. Survey of herbal cannabis (marijuana) use in rheumatology clinic attenders with a rheumatologist confirmed diagnosis. Pain. 2016 Dec;157(12):2792–2797.
- Barrie N, Manolios N. The endocannabinoid system in pain and inflammation: Its relevance to rheumatic disease. Eur J Rheumatol. 2017 Sep;4(3):210-218.
- Krcevski-Skvarc N, Wells C, Häuser W. Availability and approval of cannabis-based medicines for chronic pain management and palliative/supportive care in Europe: A survey of the status in the chapters of the European Pain Federation. Eur J Pain. 2018 Mar;22(3):440–454.
During the 2017 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting, two experts gave presentations on cannabis and rheumatology. Read more about what they had to say.