Shuwei Wang, MD, completed her rheumatology fellowship in the Division of Rheumatology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York City. She is now an attending rheumatologist at Morristown Medical Center, N.J.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueNovember 2019
Gulam A. Manji, MD, PhD, is an assistant professor of medicine in the Medical Oncology Division at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Anca D. Askanase, MD, MPH, is an associate professor of medicine in the Division of Rheumatology and director of the Lupus Center at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- Postow MA, Sidlow R, Hellmann MD. Immune-related adverse events associated with immune checkpoint blockade. N Engl J Med. 2018 Jan 11;378:158–168.
- June CH, Warshauer JT, Bluestone JA. Is autoimmunity the Achilles’ heel of cancer immunotherapy? Nat Med. 2017 May 5;23(5):540–547.
- Cappelli LC, Shah AA, Bingham CO 3rd. Immune-related adverse effects of cancer immunotherapy—implications for rheumatology. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2017 Feb;43(1):65–78.
- Shenoy N, Esplin B, Barbosa N, et al. Pembrolizumab induced severe sclerodermoid reaction. Ann Oncol. 2017 Feb 1; 28(2):432–433.
- Dong H, Strome SE, Salomao DR, et al. Tumor-associated B7-H1 promotes T-cell apoptosis: A potential mechanism of immune evasion. Nat Med. 2002 Aug;8(8):793–800.
- Boussiotis VA. Molecular and biochemical aspects of the PD-1 checkpoint pathway. N Engl J Med. 2016 Nov 3;375:1767–1778.
- Sznol M, Postow MA, Davies MJ, et al. Endocrine-related adverse events associated with immune checkpoint blockade and expert insights on their management. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017 Jul;58:70–76.
- Iwama S, Deremigis A, Callahan MK, et al. Pituitary expression of CTLA-4 mediates hypophysitis secondary to administration of CTLA-4 blocking antibody. Sci Transl Med. 2014 Apr 2;6(230):230ra45.
- Osorio JC, Ni A, Chaft JE, et al. Antibody-mediated thyroid dysfunction during T-cell checkpoint blockade in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol. 2017 Mar 1;28(3):583–589.
- Sindoni A, Rodolico C, Pappalardo MA, et al. Hypothyroid myopathy: A peculiar clinical presentation of thyroid failure. Review of the literature. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2016 Dec;17(4):499–519.
- Scott KR, Simmons Z, Boyer PJ. Hypothyroid myopathy with strikingly elevated serum creatine kinase level. Muscle Nerve. 2002 Jul;26(1):141–144.
- Liewluck T, Kao JC, Mauermann ML. PD-1 inhibitor associated myopathies: Emerging immune-mediated myopathies. J Immunother. 2018 May;41(4):208–211.