Dr. Jones is assistant professor of medicine and Dr. Wortmann is professor emeritus of medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H. Disclosure: Dr. Wortmann is on an advisory board for Questcor Pharmaceuticals.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2013
- Bohan A, Peter JB. Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (first of two parts). N Engl J Med. 1975;292:344-347.
- Bohan A, Peter JB. Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (second of two parts). N Engl J Med. 1975;292:403-407.
- Law M, Rudnicka AR. Statin safety: A systematic review. Am J Cardiol. 2006;97(8A):52C-60C.
- Sultan SM, Ioannou Y, Moss K, Isenberg DA. Outcome in patients with idiopathic inflammatory myositis: Morbidity and mortality. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2002;41:22-26.
- Christopher-Stine L, Casciola-Rosen LA, Hong G, Chung T, Corse AM, Mammen AL. A novel autoantibody recognizing 200-kd and 100-kd proteins is associated with an immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:2757-2766.
- Marie I. Morbidity and mortality in adult polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2012;14:275-285.
- Oddis CV, Reed AM, Aggarwal R, et al. Rituximab in the treatment of refractory adult and juvenile dermatomyositis and adult polymyositis: A randomized, placebo-phase trial. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:314-324.
- Bunch TW. Prednisone and azathioprine for polymyositis: Long-term followup. Arthritis Rheum. 1981;24:45-48.
- Miller FW, Leitman SF, Cronin ME, et al. Controlled trial of plasma exchange and leukapheresis in polymyositis and dermatomyositis. N Engl J Med. 1992;326:1380-1384.
- Dalakas MC, Illa I, Dambrosia JM, et al. A controlled trial of high-dose intravenous immune globulin infusions as treatment for dermatomyositis. N Engl J Med. 1993;329:1993-2000.
- Villalba L, Hicks JE, Adams EM, et al. Treatment of refractory myositis: A randomized crossover study of two new cytotoxic regimens. Arthritis Rheum. 1998;41:392-399.
- Coyle K, Pokrovnichka A, French K, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of infliximab in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58(Suppl):Abstract: 2058.