Amaka Odonwodo, MD, MPH, recently completed her internal medicine residency at the Cleveland Clinic at Fairview Hospital in Cleveland. She is interested in rheumatology as a career path.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueOctober 2018
Carlos Julio Aponte, FACP, FACR, graduated from the National University of Colombia in 1968. He completed internal medicine residency in Cleveland, Ohio, and a rheumatology fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. From 1975–2013, he practiced rheumatology mostly at Fairview Hospital in Cleveland, where he was chief of the Rheumatology Section of the Department of Medicine. His present title is chief of rheumatology emeritus. He continues to teach in many countries, most recently in Cambodia with Health Volunteers Overseas.
- Guerne PA, Weisman MH. Palindromic rheumatism: Part of or apart from the spectrum of rheumatoid arthritis. Am J Med. 1992 Oct;93(4):451–460.
- Salvador G. Gomez A, Vinas O. Prevalence and clinical significance of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide and antikeratin antibodies in palindromic rheumatism. An abortive form of rheumatoid arthritis? Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003 Aug;42(8):972–975.
- Hannonen P, Müttönen T, Oka M. Palindromic rheumatism: A clinical survey of sixty patients. Scand J Rheumatol. 1987 Mar;16(6):413–420.
- Sanmarti R, Cabrera-Villalba S, Gomez-Puerta JA, et al. Palindromic rheumatism with positive anticitrullinated peptide/protein antibodies is not synonymous with rheumatoid arthritis. A longterm followup study. J Rheumatol. 2012 Oct;39(10):1929–1933.
- Cabrera-Villalba S, Sanmartí R. Palindromic rheumatism: A reappraisal. Int J Clin Rheumatol. 2013 Oct;8(5):569–577.
- Gonzalez-Lopez L, Gamez-Nava JI, Jhangri G, et al. Decreased progression to rheumatoid arthritis or other connective tissue diseases in patients with palindromic rheumatism treated with antimalarials. J Rheumatol. 2000 Jan;27(1):41–46.