Mike Fillon is a healthcare writer living in the Atlanta area.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueFebruary 2020
Also By This Author
- Starowicz K, Finn DP. Cannabinoids and pain: Sites and mechanisms of action. Adv Pharmacol. 2017;80:437–475.
- Häuser W, Finn DP, Kalso E, et al. European Pain Federation (EFIC) position paper on appropriate use of cannabis-based medicines and medical cannabis for chronic pain management. Eur J Pain. 2018 Oct:22(9):1547–1564.
- Cannabis for medical use—A scientific review. Health Products Regulatory Authority. 2017 Jan 31.
- Whiting PF, Wolff RF, Deshpande S, et al. Cannabinoids for medical use: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA. 2015 Jun 23–30;313(24):2456–2473.
- Hill KP. Medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain and other medical and psychiatric problems: A clinical review. JAMA. 2015 Jun 23–30;313(24): 2474–2483.
- World Health Organization. The health and social effects of nonmedical cannabis use. 2016.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. The health effects of cannabis and cannabinoids: The current state of evidence and recommendations for research. Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press; 2017.
- Nugent SM, Morasco BJ, O’Neil ME. The effects of cannabis among adults with chronic pain and an overview of general harms: A systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2017 Sep 5;167(5):319–331.
- Woodhams SG, Chapman V, Finn DP, et al. The cannabinoid system and pain. Neuropharmacology. 2017 Sep 15;124:105–120.
- Andre CM, Hausman JF Guerriero G. Cannabis sativa: The plant of the thousand and one molecules. Front Plant Sci. 2016;7:19.
- Fitzcharles MA, Niaki OZ, Hauser W, et al. Position statement: A pragmatic approach for medical cannabis and patients with rheumatic diseases. J Rheumatol. 2019 May;46(5):532–538.
- Minerbi A, Häuser W, Fitzcharles MA. Medical cannabis for older patients. Drugs Aging. 2019 Jan;36(1):39–51.
- Hazekamp, A. The trouble with CBD oil. Med Cannabis Cannabinoids. 2018;1:65–72.