The ACR also recognizes leading researchers, clinicians, mentors, and other professionals exhibiting superior commitment to the advancement of the field of rheumatology with the Awards of Distinction honors. Winners of this year’s awards are:
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueDecember 2019
Also By This Author
Presidential Gold Medal: John Patterson Atkinson, MD, MACR, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Mo.
Distinguished Basic Investigator Award: Bruce N. Cronstein, MD, MACR, NYU School of Medicine, New York
Distinguished Clinician Scholar Award: Timothy Harrington, MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis.
Henry Kunkel Young Investigator Award:
- Katherine P. Liao, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Amr H. Sawalha, MD, University of Pittsburgh, Pa.
Distinguished Clinical Investigator Award: Susan Manzi, MD, MPH, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Paulding Phelps Award: Alfred Denio, MD, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pa.
Distinguished Service Award: Polly J. Ferguson, MD, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa
Distinguished Fellowship Program Director Award: Marcy B. Bolster, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Excellence in Investigative Mentoring Award: Patricia Katz, PhD, University of California San Francisco
Distinguished Fellow Award
The Distinguished Fellow Award recognizes clinical and research fellows who are in a rheumatology fellowship training program and who have performed meritoriously. The 2019 recipients of the Distinguished Fellow Award are:
- Jonathan TL Cheah, MBBS, UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester, Mass.;
- Sarah K. Chen, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston;
- Dana DiRenzo, MD, MHS, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore;
- Ali Duarte-Garcia, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.;
- Rebecca Haberman, MD, NYU Langone Health, New York;
- Jean W. Liew, MD, University of Washington, Seattle;
- Mazen Nasrallah MD, MSc, MGH, Boston;
- Brian Nolan, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago;
- Michael A. Paley, MD, PhD, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.; and
- Natalie Rosenwasser, MD, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle.
The ARP merit awards began in 1982 to recognize outstanding contributions to the field of rheumatology. The ARP appreciation awards recognizes students, researchers, top member recruiters and outstanding ACR/ARP volunteers. The following individuals are the recipients of the 2019 ARP Merit and Appreciation awards in recognition for their outstanding contributions to the field of rheumatology.
- Sandra J. Mintz, MSN, RN-BC
- Geri Neuberger, RN, MN, EdD
- Robert W. Richardson, PT, MEd, FAPTA
- Meredith Christiansen, DPT
- Dana Guglielmo, MPH
- Maura Daly Iversen, PT, DPT, SD, MPH, FNAP, FAPTA
- Heather Benham, DNP, RN, CPNP
- Joni Dean, NP
- Annelle Reed, MSN, CRNP
- Michael LaValley, PhD
- Monique Gignac, PhD
Look for interviews with the recipients in the November and December issues of The Rheumatologist.