Michele B. Kaufman, PharmD, BCGP, is a freelance medical writer based in New York City and a pharmacist at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueJuly 2017, June 2007
Also By This Author
- Hirschler B. Heart safety clouds hopes for Amgen, UCB bone drug. Reuters. 2017 May 23.
- Amgen Inc. News release: Amgen and UCB announce top-line phase 3 data from active-comparator study of Evenity (romosozumab) in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. 2017 May 21.
- Roche. News release: FDA grants priority review for Roche’s Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab) supplemental biologics license application for giant cell arteritis, a form of vasculitis. 2017 Jan 24.
- Genentech Inc. News release: FDA approves Genentech’s Actemra (tocilizumab) for giant cell arteritis. 2017 May 22.
- Bally M, Dendukuri N, Rich B, et al. Risk of acute myocardial infarction with NSAIDs in real world use: Bayesian meta-analysis of individual patient data. BMJ. 2017 May 9;357:j1909.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA drug safety communication: FDA confirms increased risk of leg and foot amputations with the diabetes medicine canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet, Invokamet XR). 2017 May 16.