Mark T. Vercel, DO, is a rheumatology fellow at Franciscan Alliance, Midwestern University (Downers Grove, Ill.) transitioning into full-time practice late this summer with Franciscan Alliance.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueAugust 2017
Kim Reinhart is a graduate of Michigan State University. She is currently a third-year medical student at Midwestern University (Downers Grove, Ill.), where she plans to pursue a career in primary care medicine.
Amita Thakkar, MD, is a faculty member of the rheumatology fellowship program through Franciscan Alliance (Munster, Ind.), Midwestern University.
- Kuo CF, Grainge MJ, Zhang W, Doherty M. Global epidemiology of gout: Prevalence, incidence and risk factors. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2015 Nov;11(11): 649–662.
- Terkeltaub R., 2010. Update on gout: new therapeutic strategies and options. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2010;6(1):30–38.
- Dalbeth N, Pool B, Gamble GD, et al. Cellular characterization of the gouty tophus: A quantitative analysis. Arthritis Rheum. 2010 May;62(5):1549–1556.
- Schumacher HR. Bullous tophi in gout. Ann Rheum Dis. 1977 Feb;36(1):91–93.
- Fam AG, Assaad D. Intradermal urate tophi. J Rheumatol. 1997 Jun;24(6):1126.
- Chen I-S, Kuo H-W, Ho J-C. Intradermal urate tophi—Report of 6 cases. Dermatol Sinica. 2003;21:146–152.